一三四八十期末复习材料
Unit 1 A Working Community
1. This is a fairly new subdivision of our economy ,and yet he finds his sense of place in it. 尽管这个行业是我们经济中的一个新部门,他还是在其中找到了属于自己的天地。
2.None of us, mind you, was born into these communities.
值得一提的是,我们没有谁一出生就属于这些社区
3.Yet it seems that more and more of us are identified by work these days, rather than by street. 然而,不知不觉中人们的身份更倾向于各自所从事的工作,而不是像以往一样由家庭住址来界定。
4. and many of us, without small children as icebreakers, would have trouble naming all the people on our street.
由于没有了孩子像过去那样起到沟通邻里关系的作用,许多人感到要叫出跟我们同住一条街的所有人的名字是件极不容易的事。
5.It‘s not that we are more isolated today. It‘s that many of us have transferred a chunk of our friendships, a major portion of our everyday social lives, from home to office.
而是好多人已经部分的友谊和大部分的日常社交生活从家里转移到了办文室。
6.The kaffeeklatsch of the fifties is the coffee break of the eighties.
50年代的下午茶成了80年代的喝咖啡的工间休息。
7. It‘s not surprising that when researchers ask Americans what they like best about work,they say it is ―the shmoose factor.‖
难怪当研究者问及美国人关于工作他们最喜欢什么的时候,他们的回答是―和同事悠闲自在地闲扯‖。
8. We assume that we have something ―in common‖ with other teachers, nurses, city planners. 我们假设自己和其他的教师、护士、城市规划者有着某些共同点。
9.We have replaced ethnic identity with professional identity, the way we replaced neighborhood with the workplace.
像用工作单位取代居住地一样,我们用专业身份取代了种族身份。
10. People who move from city to city seem to put roots into their professions.
那些在不同城市变换工作的人似乎把自己的身份植根于他们的行业中。
11.I don‘t think that there is anything massively disruptive about this shifting sense of community. 我并不认为这种社区概念的变迁会造成大面积的混乱
12.The balance has tipped, and we seem increasingly dependent on work for our sense of self. 身份意识的天平似乎已经日渐倾斜到工作决定身份这边。
13.Selfworth isn‘t just something to measure in the marketplace.
自我价值并不是只有在市场环境中得到体现的。
Unit 3 Help Yourself through the Hard Times
1、Some years ago I had what most would call the American Dream:
几年前,我拥有大多数人称之为美国梦想的东西。
2、Months of murderous interest payment gobbled up my savings. I couldn‘t make ends meet and
百度搜索“77cn”或“免费范文网”即可找到本站免费阅读全部范文。收藏本站方便下次阅读,免费范文网,提供经典小说教育文库新视角研究生英语读说写(1)课文翻译课后习题答案124810复习在线全文阅读。
相关推荐: